DEAR HUNTING FRIENDS
Welcome to this 79th edition of the Take Aim Safaris (TAS) newsletter, I hope it finds you well.
Since our last newsletter that was sent out in October 2019 TAS clients have done some great hunts including these buffalos and elephants that were recently hunted in Zimbabwe’s Sengwe 1, Sengwe 2 and Chitsa hunting areas that all border onto the Gonarezhou National Park in the South Eastern Lowveld of Zimbabwe, these are community owned safari areas that are adjoined to the GNP and/or the Kruger NP, these hunting areas are not located inside the park, they are on the unfenced outside boundary as is the case throughout Zimbabwe and Africa whereby safari areas are often adjoined to the NP’s, these safari areas serve as buffer areas between the park and poachers since safari operators have guests and anti-poaching staff in the field at all times, a successful collaboration.
Our Matetsi 2020 hunts have not started yet, our clients fist Matetsi hunt starts in April, watch this space for updates on elephant, buffalo, big cats and other hunts.
These Zimbabwean free range free roaming hunting areas are real big game hotspots that are completely unfenced wild big game safari areas.
Please read on for recent hunt information and photos.
This is a short update on the hunts that TAS offers in Zimbabwe and a map below showing the locations of the hunting areas:
- In the South Eastern Lowveld of Zimbabwe we offer hunts in the hunting areas that are open and adjoined to the Gonarezhou National Park and/or open and adjoined to Kruger National Park via the Limpopo river that is the International boundary between RSA and Zimbabwe, these hunting areas are: Mahenye, Chitsa, Naivaisha, Sengwe 1 and Sengwe 2 with possible combinations of some of these areas. There are 4 different hunting lodges available throughout these areas that have long been known as the Gonarezhou hunting areas, these are massive areas.
These Gonarezhou hunting areas are famous for and remain excellent for trophy elephant bulls and trophy buffalo bulls, these areas rate amongst the top 3 areas in today’s Africa to hunt for these trophy elephant bulls. Also found here in good numbers are hippo and croc. The Sengwe 1 and 2 concessions are true wild dagga boy hunting areas in Zimbabwe that are situated along on the dry Limpopo River (pools of water exist), you can expect to hunt your dagga boy from a group of bulls in the riverine jess bush where they live on the Zim side, these are amongst the best remaining wild dagga boy hunts in Southern Africa. It’s great for me to be able to offer you a hunt in an area that produces free range bulls like this 45 inch classic looking bull with good hooks and great drop hunted a few days ago.
- In Matetsi we offer hunts in: Matetsi ECA (Extended Conservation Area), in Matetsi Unit 1 and Matetsi Unit 5. I have been selling hunts in Matetsi for over 10 years and can with confidence tell you that Matetsi is a 5 STAR hunting destination in Southern Africa. Matetsi is in a word amazing yet affordable.
Matetsi is fantastic for elephant, big cats and for buffalo, Matetsi is dry land hunting where massive body elephant bulls (Hwange/Chobe bulls) in the 35 to 45 pound tusk class are plentiful as are the massive herds of buffalo that are found in Matetsi this true wilderness safari area that is open to Hwange National Park and to Chobe NP/Botswana, the hunting areas and hunting lodges are a convenient 1 hour drive from Victoria Falls international Airport, no charter flights and no long road transfers are required to hunt Matetsi. See below for a map detailing the Matetsi safari Areas and the Matetsi ECA. The Victoria Falls, The Mighty Zambezi River and Lake Kariba are all big attractions as are the 5 star hotels in the Falls area.
If you think Matetsi is overpriced or too expensive please look at our prices, we offer very good value for money hunts in these solid hunting areas.
- TAS now offers Houseboat hunting on Lake Kariba, this is a new hunt that we are offering as of this year, whereby we hire the houseboat with all staff including cook and bar staff on a full board basis aboard. Your professional hunter will be on the boat with you, we are able to offer hippo, crocodile (big crocs) and depending on the length of the hunt we can offer elephant, buffalo and big cats. On long hunts we have a land based lodge that operates in conjunction with the houseboat. These houseboat hunts are a new venture (and what an amazing adventure) for me with a solid safari company that has years of experience there is nothing new about the team you will be hunting and fishing with on Lake Kariba. An amazing experience no doubt. Prices and information on our website www.takeaimsafaris.com or please send me an email for any enquiry, prime houseboat time is our African summer…. Binga and Lake Kariba hunts are not new to me, I have been selling hunts in Binga/Kariba for years, your hunt will be a good one.
- Please refer to the map below this email to see the locations of the concessions we offer. You can view all camp pictures and read area information on our website.
- If I my take a moment to congratulate my good friend Zimbabwean PH Simon Dzingai for being on the front page of the Jagen Weltweit Magazine (“Hunting Worldwide” a German Hunting Magazine) in Europe last month for his buffalo hunting skills and the strength of our buffalo hunting areas.
For those of you that wish to read the article and/or the English translation please follow this link:
My partnership with Nixon and Simon Dzingai has been (and remains) great for all concerned, these men are great representatives of Zimbabwe to the rest of the world and front runners of the Professional hunting and guiding industry, they hunt the areas they were born in for free range animals that they have lived with and amongst all their lives on community sharing projects. Well done Simon, you are becoming famous my friend.
- A further congratulations to another of my partner PH’s and good friend South African PH Jono Joseph from JWK Safaris who was featured in the last edition of the SCI Magazine under the PH spotlight section, Jono was being acknowledged for his hard work and commitment to the industry and to the professional hunters association he represents. Furthermore Jono is a multiple award winning double rifle expert and an all-round good guy. Well done Jono. Here is the link: JONO SCI INTERVIEW.
Our hunting season has started well with these great hunts since our last newsletter, please follow these newsletters (6 per annum) for updates from our hunts throughout the year:
How about this season opening buffalo in Sengwe with PH Simon Dzingai… This +-12 year old 45 Inch old hard boss bull is a classic brute that ticks all the boxes if you ask me.
This 60 pounder elephant bull, a nice old bull with a massive body was hunted in the Chitsa concession North of the Gonarezhou during January 2020.
The nyala bull was hunted on the same hunt by our lucky hunter from Europe.
This nice old hippo bull that was hunted on dry land and this 35 pounder elephant were hunted in the Sengwe and Chitsa hunting areas of the Gonarezhou with another hunter from Europe.
This buffalo bull was hunted in the Sengwe 1 area of Zimbabwe by a client recently, another nice hard top buffalo bull guided by PH Nixon Dzingai (in photo).
Hunters, PH’s, Outfitters, Agents and Valued Clients Thank you for taking the time to read my newsletters and pass them onto your hunting friends, if you are considering a hunt in Zimbabwe or South Africa please send me an email, I have the dates and the quota you need to make the hunt work. My buffalo and elephant hunt prices and areas are unbeatable, please send me an email for more information on top quality well priced big game hunts.
Hunters best wishes
Contact Number: 0027-82-749-1747